The ABA LT-AS0300 is designed to measure the asphalt binder content of hot mix asphalt (HMA) using loss on ignition, in accordance with AASHTO T 308-10, ASTM D6307-10 & BSEN 12697-39:2012.
The integral microprocessor controlled weighing and calculation system is configurable to allow variations to the standard test method. Test result reports are available in both printed and software format. The high temperature afterburner minimises the production of noxious waste fumes. Supplied complete with 2 sets of sample baskets.
- Designed to measure asphalt binder content by loss on ignition
- Avoids the health, environmental & waste management issues & expense associated with the older solvent extraction methods
- Reduced emissions due to high temperature afterburner
- Controlled via a multi-lingual touchscreen interface
- Supplied as standard with English, Turkish language display. Other languages are available to order
- Automatic calculation of final sample weight & binder % result
- Adjustable aggregate correction factor
- Precise weight measurements displayed to 0.1 g resolution
- Has the capacity for large sample sizes for more accurate results (maximum sample is 3.0 kg)
- Average test times from 20 mins for 6 mm aggregates, to 45 mins for 40 mm aggregates
- Permanent (THERMAL) printed reports